Thursday 9 June 2011

Baby raccoon

For tonight's run I decided to go with no training plan like last time, i.e. let my body guide me. The start was pretty heavy. wowza.  My feet felt so heavy, like I had ski boots on.  I stopped more often that I would have liked.  After maybe 15-20 min in though, I hit my peak and did very long stretches.
Just before hitting my peak, look at what I saw moving about in the grass ! At a distance I thought it was a squirrel but as I approached and saw that it didn't run away, I thought Nah, can't be a squirrel.
And then I saw its face ! (insert cute baby voice here) A baby raccoooon !!! OMG !
He was making cooing sounds. I looked around to see if a mommy raccoon was around, but nowhere in sight. So I took out my blackberry and snapped some shots. I did wonder for a few seconds if I should bring him home and nurse him, but then thought I'd better not.  Give its mommy a chance to find him.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD !!!!!!!!!
2 teenage boys on their BMXs rode by and they stopped. They were also gaga over the baby racoon. We discussed whether we should pick him up but decided against it. In case the mommy showed up. aawwww.

So back to the running part. It went pretty well.  Around 9km again (my usual route).  Aside from the weird start, it was really wonderful.  I just need to figure out how to get my body to its peak state on Marathon day.
When I got home I sat outside and enjoyed the cool air.
Motivation level : Pretty good !

1 comment: