Tuesday 14 June 2011

Pre-marathon week !

Tonight's run was great. The stretches are longer and longer. It was 5 days since my last run (had a huge hangover this weekend so didn't run), but it does my body good it seems !
I'm pretty sure I can pull off the 10k without walking. When I train I stop if my joints start to hurt too bad, I don't want to injure myself before the marathon, but on THE day, believe you me, the pain I will tolerate.

So tomorrow morning I have my first appointment with a sports-medicine doctor. My foot doesn't hurt anymore but I still want to go. I want to keep running even after the 10k on Sunday so might as well have a Dr. (don't even have a family doctor).

I will also google a good carbohydrate-rich menu for pre-marathon week. Gotta fuel up. I haven't followed any special diet during the training.  I'm sure it could have helped.

Here I am, just after my post-run shower, relaxed as can be. I am loving this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment