Sunday 19 June 2011

I DID IT !!!!

5:30am : alarm - breakfast (peanut butter toast with banana and glass of milk)
6:00am : outta here (I stopped at Tim Hortons for a small coffee. NEED my caffeine)
7:05 am : Arrive on marathon site
8:50 am : Start walking a bit to warm up
9:00 am : START !!!
I was at the end of the pack/hurd/peleton, here is a picture.


Route was verrrry hilly. Ouch.  Water and gatorade glasses were being given every uhm 3-4 km by vonlunteer workers, who also cheered us on. Last ... 2 km were VERY difficult.  I was exhausted. But I had read about that last stretch.
BUT I DID IT. I reached my goal. I RAN the whole thing. Uphill, downhill, you name it. I fucking RAN it baby !!.  First 2km I felt rusty, was debating whether I should stop like 30 sec to relax a bit, but I thought My goal is none other than do it without walking. So DO it and see what happens.
Well what happened is that I did it in about 1:15. (Official time : 1:15:24.3) (note : Time on monitor on the below picture says 1:18, but I was at the end of the hurd when we started so it did take me about 3 min walking to get to cross the starting line) Not a SUPER time, but I don't care.  This is a picture of me approaching the finish line. Ad & Ian were cheering me on in the crowd. At this point I was very emotional, seeing them just was sooo intense. The last 500m I gave it ALL I had, I felt like I was sprinting. LOL. Look at me on the picture, I'm not sprinting at ALL.  Ad told me that I looked very tired.

Some pictures after the race :


A lady offered to take a family picture.  I love my 2 guys, they were so proud of me.

Relaxing on marathon site after the race


This is what was waiting for me at home :-)


"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." John Bingham

6 comments:

  1. I AM SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU...OMG! You ran the whole entire thing and you haven't even been training for very long at all. Most impressive is setting a goal and acheiving it. You are amazing. I've always known that, but this just proves it even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, how ironic is it that finally blogger let me post today :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Karine!!! You DID IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete