Sunday 10 April 2011

Week 1 / Day 1

I've officially begun this journey.
Here I am. With the wrong runners, but I have to start. I'll deal with the runners later. No more excuses. Husband and son making fun of me. hahaha. I'll show them !!














Did my first run.
5 min walking
Then 8 times : 1 min running, 2 min walking.

It went well !
Motivation level : Waaay high !!!


















This afternoon I went to buy some runners, at Le Coureur.  They had me run on a treadmill, filmed my feet while running to see what type of shoes/support I needed. I love the service there !!!
So I went back home with my own pair of Asics GT-2160.
Can't wait to try them out.

5 comments:

  1. You can DO this! Good for you and I am glad you got good shoes...that is the most important part, IMO.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Kim ! I remember you telling me to get good shoes. I've also read it on every single training program i found on the web.
    For the rest (clothing), i will buy as milestone rewards.
    :-)
    I'm happy that you're rooting for me, you are definitely one of my inspirations.
    Karine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot Woot! Asics ROCK. I wear the Asic Nimbus and have since I started running. GO KARINE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there !!!
    Oh ya now that you mention the Nimbus model, i remember you telling me about'em.
    So what distance was your first marathon run again? Had you done the 10k ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i found it on your blog. Vancouver 10K Sun Run in April 2007. How long had you trained for that one ? Like really specifically trained.

    ReplyDelete