Wednesday 13 April 2011

Week 1 / Day 4 - Rain or shine !

6,5 km in 50 min. Intervals of 2 min. running and 3 min. walking. It went pretty well. I love my shoes ! I had to wear bandaids to cover my blisters but I made sure I padded it all nice with 3-thick.
I am loving this interval training.  I really feel like I'm gonna reach this goal.
It was pouring when I left, then it stopped after about 30 min.
My son was at his friend's house, and I called the mom to say that I would leave the house for a bit to go jogging, so she could reach me on my cell phone. She said "Jogging ? Are you kidding ? It's raining !". I said "Yep I know" and felt so proud of myself.
No excuses !

Tomorrow is a day off from training. Friday, same route/intervals but for 1 hour instead of 50 min. Next week, we kick it up a notch, intervals of 2:30/2:30. Woo hoo
Motivation level : high !

2 comments:

  1. Go Karine, go!! Once you run in the rain, it isn't that bad. I used to say I would never do it, but I did 16 miles in the pouring rain & flooded trails a few weeks back. Talk about working on mental strength!

    I am so proud of you!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete