Friday 13 May 2011

I'm too sexy for my socks

Tonight my training partner went to his friend's house. Busy socialite that kid.
I, on the other hand, don't have a social life. So I focused on my training. Beats the hell out of staying at home cleaning or watching tv or Facebooking !
 I went back to the Lac des Nations to burn some rubber. 4 min running, 2 min walking. 10 times. Finished my training at the middle of the route, so had to walk back to car.Total distance this evening (including walking) = 10,5km.

Why is it that the first 15-20 min are always difficult ? Maybe I don't warm up long enough ? Anyways. The first stretch was so hard ! I was thinking The batteries on my BB must be dead ! Four minutes my ass !!! This feels like 10 !!! But 4 minutes it was... and, as usual, I reached my peak 20 minutes in.
It was pretty warm outside so I became lobster-faced.
Here's me looking annoyed with my own self for taking a pic while running

This is the Lac des Nations, so flags of different coutries hanging about on poles around the lake. I took time to stop by the Dutch flag for a high five ! Next to Sveeeden ! Yaaaa ! (Arnold accent even if he's not Swedish)

Oh and last, here is the surprise I got when I took off the runners. I say surprise coz I felt no blister pain ? Weird shit - let me mention that this is a pic of my heel + achilles tendon. Sock looks really weird with the grey heel all bunched up (hubby's socks, so too big).

(start music here)
I'm too sexy for my socks.



2 comments:

  1. You really have to get yourself some running socks! Good ones. I bought 3 pairs when I first started running and they are still going strong! Worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yeah I know I really do. A colleague of mine told me the same thing when I started.
    I think I might just buy some, otherwise Ad won't have any socks left by marathon day. lol.

    ReplyDelete