Sunday 1 May 2011

I'm back to Square One.

It feels a bit ridiculous to have a blog now. I feel like I'm back at square one. What am I gonna talk about ?
Let's see.
Today was my first run after 10 days off to let my knees heal.
Wow. I got the works : shins, knees and terrible cardio. Oh oh BUT the weather was aaawesome.
So anyways I still did my hour but decided to turn off that training-app on my BB (actually just wanted to shut that stupid computer ladie's voice up).  "run nooow.  Walk nooow"
Shut up !! I can't even breathe  !!!
So I decided to follow my body and it went "ok" considering that I had stopped for so long.
The journey is really not turning out into what I had foreseen, i.e. a nice gradual eventless training where my body would beautifully develop muscle fiber and red blood cells packed with oxygen...NOT !!
Lol, I am still going to that marathon if it's the last thing I do, but let's just say that my motivation is pretty moderate now.
We'll see what this week brings.
I feel like an old lady.

So for the mandatory picture.
Here I am, bloated face and all, in front of the cemetary that is part of my route.  It's "that" time of the month... well of the year for me since I never have my period but still. I'm a regular Humpty Dumpty!!! Oh... *blush* and let's not forget all the fat I've ingested during my time off. *sigh*. 
LIke I said... back to square one !!

2 comments:

  1. All right my friend. My treadmill's unpacked. I'm about to join ya on the "getting back on track" journey. I haven't ran in 2-3 months. back to square 1 *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give yourself time to unpack and settle in !
    I really don't know how this 10K is gonna turn out for me....
    I should have signed up for the 5k.
    Ah well.
    Can't do more than what i'm doing now.

    ReplyDelete